Friday, January 29, 2010

A Word on This, That and the Other

Ahh

A blog at last. A moment to pause. Relax a bit. Smell the roses. Hear the birds chirping. Watch the water dripping. Listen the trees rustling. Take a deep breath or a two perhaps and enjoy the lovely sunshine after weeks of hazy days and chilly nights. Reflect on not the Good, Bad and the Ugly incidents of the recent times but about this, that and the other. It’s really hard for me to even explain myself the reason for the longest hiatus, 120 days to be precise, that has plagued my blogging history. But never mind, I am writing something and that’s reason enough for me to be happy.

My final semester at IIT-Roorkee and perhaps the coolest of all. Minimum lectures and Maximum fun (conditions apply!!). Almost two months of placement season is over and that has left me in a position to brag about my present status of being among the chosen few who are still unemployed amidst the crowd of employed. It has also endowed me with a special status of being the “unlucky guy” or the “job hunter” who having faced 8 interviews in all (the sources say insti highest is 9), in addition to the much talked about higher-studies-hoopla of 5 companies, hasn’t been placed yet. But for me it’s been a nice experience till date for some valid reasons. To state few I have fully utilized the cost as well the display potential of my dashing suit, I always have had a story to tell after each of my interview, I have perfected the ways in which one can screw himself which in other words alludes to the fact that I have learned about my mistakes and perhaps that has been a worthwhile lesson for me. I sincerely hope of not becoming a living legend carrying the beacon of mediocrity, for all my junior counterparts, who got his name embossed in the record books for having screwed himself the maximum number of times before actually getting placed.

Reflecting on other things I have found that I have been reading a lot these days, thanks to the flexible time- table which bestows me with 4 days of freedom every week and also to the sorry state of the internet connection in my hostel. Lately, I have also been watching number of series, xo xo the Gossip Girl being the latest in the list which also includes my all time favourite How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory. But after much said and done one thing that’s really annoying about this newly attained freedom of 4 days a week is the emptiness that it has added to my routine. Sometimes I just sit back in my cubicle with random melange of thoughts, good as well as bad, worthy as well as worthless, growing and bursting like the tiny bubbles of water after a torrential downpour. I end up assuring myself that things will be fine in times of come, the bad will transform in to good, the good will take the shape of better and the better would surely turn up to be the best. I think that’s what optimism is all about.

Just to end I would say that though the final semester has brought with it the freedom that I have been looking for since ages and I am also relishing it a lot but what I really want is a feeling of being liberated from my very core, something that would last forever and ever.


P.S.- Sorry for sounding so melodramatic in the end but that's how my mood has been for the past few days.

1 comment:

Deekonomics said...

hey u can write almost anything n describe it so well ....
I just love ur way of writing ... :) ...bt still theres smthg fr u, u r just crazy abt "R.E.A.D.I.N.G." and u r getting loads of tym to do it ...i m so v jealous 4 days of joblessness!!! omg ..how much i desire that ...!!!

p.s hoping fr a good news frm u this Chinese New Year !! :D
all the very best lah =)