Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Eccentric

I wonder sometimes what have I made of myself, a distraught writer blabbering every now and then or an enthusiastic gamer whining every time on losing a FIFA match or a cynical urchin dabbling aimlessly in search of an aim or a worthy opponent defeating his inner-self each and every day of his erratic life or an anxious Romeo who is missing his Juliet a lot. “Eccentric” is the word that sums up all those aforementioned avatars. Entropy of a system always increases, that’s what I was taught a few years back, but this sudden surge of entropy in my system seems to have taken me aback. I am propelling myself forward with every possible force, searching for some motivation from everything and everyone around me, sometimes smiling smugly at the glories of the past, often admiring the beautiful uncertainty of the present and more often cursing the unpredictability of the future.

I remember in my first year at IIT-R a certain Miss. Bubbly from the Humanities Department came to our class. We were shouting and behaving like raging bulls. She quietly stayed there in the middle beaming with an undecipherable look of satisfaction covering her face as if that was the thing that she expected from us. After few random questions she said “I wish you all be the same person, just as you are today, 4yrs from now...the energy, the ebullience, the shouting...never lose it....what I have experienced from my interaction with the 4th yearites is the fact that they get so much involved in their jobs, studies, girlfriends, politics etc that they tend to lose their sheen, energy and the ebullience....So just keep them intact.” Today, I reckon Miss. Bubbly was damn true and her advice as valuable as twenty four carats of gold.

But the million dollar question still remains what exactly is driving me to have such introspections?? Why am I peeping into the past to deal with the questions of the present??Am I really missing something in my life?? Is The Raconteur losing his sheen??

Well, no need to answer all that, I already said “Eccentric” is what sums it all !!

2 comments:

Revenant said...

A word on this miss Bubbly of yours...I hate her for all that she is ..Never knew u were such a big fan of hers or else i would have torn ur flesh apart right away in 1st yr or perhaps u don't remember who said those lines of wisdom( U better pray not)..Yes it was MAGICA!!!

"The Raconteur" said...

@revenant

I was always a big fan of Miss Bubbly..though I feel sorry not to know her actual name...btw "Tearing out my flesh apart"..side-effects of CASTLE AGE is what I would call this !!