Monday, April 4, 2011

100 days

Well the name of this post reminds me of the riveting Bollywood thriller starring Madhuri Dixit and Jackie Da and also one of its songs which till date serves as a classic cliché for all of us “Gabbar Singh Yeh Kehkar Gaya....Jo Dar Gaya So Mar Gaya”. True Indeed !

But to be honest this post bears no resemblance to the aforementioned movie or even the song, though I wish I had that magical ability to conjure up such thrilling scripts catching the imagination of my dear readers. Without digressing any more, 100 days here refers to the longest hiatus in my blogging history. A time span even longer than the duration between two Aamir Khan movies !!  Errr, a matter of concern or a thing to pride ??

Well to be frank I only wish those 100 days were just as thrilling as the movie itself, or even if not thrilling, then indeed not as prosaic as they have been. Monotony is what filled up that vast space frame with splashes of excitement and celebrations filling up the voids. If it was the Office-Home-Office-Home schedule that formed the monotony part, then it was the 31st December celebrations, the regular departmental parties, the occasional visit by a dear friend of mine, the sporting month of February, the eventful month of March with Holi celebrations back home and those never-ending-ever-so-wonderful conversations with the dearest friend of mine that added some colours to the otherwise grey canvas of life.

How many times did I introspect as to what I was and what I am now in the past 100 days. A different person all together or the same person responding differently to different situations. Well the later seems more befitting.  Perhaps, there also have been many worthwhile lessons to learn in the past 100 days, the prominent of them being to have control over my emotions, to letting things go when they are not worth it, to believing in only what your eyes see, to always being honest to yourself and going hammer and tong for things that I believe deserves all that I can give.

Now to venture into the finer details of the events of past few months let’s start from the start.

January, 2011 the month when my frustration level peaked to its maximum owing to the tedious nature of work which plagued my daily schedule. As I retrospect today I believe it was that particular period that helped me to realize the importance of learning from scratch, deriving something from nothing and understanding the importance of believing in yourself.

Then came February, 2011 the month which saw the cricketing giants battling it out for the “Cup that Counts”. From pre-match cricket shows featuring the ebullient Siddhu, the fluent Harsha and the effervescent Sourav Ganguly to selecting players for my Fantasy League Team, the World Cup turned out to be the best thing to happen and I enjoyed every bit of it.

February was followed by the month of March, the month which certainly brought with it some moments that will be etched in my memory for the rest of my life. There were moments of discomfort, moments of anger, moments of regret, moments of relief, moments of excitement, moments of disbelief, moments of silence, moments of playfulness, moments of happiness and umpteen other moments that indeed made March a month to remember.

Well, the month of April is only in its incipient stage and we have already witnessed the biggest spectacle of our lives, Team India becoming the “World Champions” in Cricket. I just hope that the days to come would be just as exciting as the days gone-by.

For the time being just rejoice in the Glory of Team India !!

Adios !! 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful, I must admit the time to post. Its really a vivid description of how our dear ol' chuzz felt all this these days, reminds me of a story (not sure of its title) wherein a convict in jail for 15 years changes following the circumstances.
In a nut shell well composed. The outline and the flow is very natural and kept me intrigued till the end.


Ps. Who's the dearest pal u r referring here? maanishh or chuzi? (no intention of any offence)

"The Raconteur" said...

Thanks for your comment dude !!
I think the story you are talking about is "The Bet" by Anton Chekov...though the protagonist in the story wasn't really a convict but he did spend 15 years of his life in complete solitude...Dearest pal, isn't it obvious !!...btw offence none taken, but i feel the person being referred really has a very nice name and it suits her the best ! :)

Deekonomics said...

Firstly, I would like to thank you for reminding me of the awesome gabbar singh song! I actually heard the original track after soo long after reading your blog! :D It was just awesomeee ! I nevr knew aamir khan takes 100 days gap between movies ! well, ur blog told me dat ! I m a bit concerned wen u say professional life is monotonous ! But then, all the celebrations and parties and beautiful conversations with near and dear ones definitely made up for all the gloomy moments, making you euphoric again! Well with all the passing days, we learn something, n I am sure you have remained the same person able to tackle situations in a much much better way! Keep us updated of all happenings !
PS. Team India Rocks! :D
PPS.Even I m one of ur dearest friends ! :D

"The Raconteur" said...

@Dalu..:) (: